These cute crochet ice cream cone designs are not just for pencil toppers! You can also use them as keychains, play kitchen decorations, or even as decorations for a summer party.
Hello and welcome to my blog, www.lennutas.com! As an experienced amigurumi designer, I’m excited to share two amazing patterns with you that you can easily crochet to make cute ice cream cones. Not only do they look great, but they can also be used as pencil toppers, which makes them perfect for the upcoming back-to-school season.
– Style/theme: summer, back-to-school
– Available in PDF Patterns Library: YES
– Related Patterns: Pencil Toppers Free Patterns
These two crochet ice cream cone amigurumi designs are a perfect way to add some fun to your stationary collection. In this blog post, I’ll provide step-by-step instructions for making them. These patterns are also perfect for those who want to improve their crochet skills or learn how to create beautiful amigurumi.
To begin, let’s talk about the materials you will need for these patterns. Make sure you have yarns for amigurumi projects (recommended: cotton superfine weight yarn), a crochet hook (size 1.5 mm), stuffing, and any other necessary materials such as a pencil, felt, and glue. You can find out more about my favorite yarn for amigurumi projects here.
These patterns are great for both beginners and experienced crocheters. But these cute crochet ice cream cones are not just for pencil toppers! You can also use them as keychains, play kitchen decorations, or even as decorations for a summer party.
This pattern is written using US TERM. For beginners, please refer to this post to learn about all basic crochet stitches for beginners.
- MR: magic ring (magic circle)
- Ch: chain stitch
- Sc: single crochet stitch
- Inc: single crochet increase
- Dec: single crochet decrease
- Ss: slip stitch
- St/ sts: Stitch/ Stitches
- […] … x time: Repeat instructions x times
- (…): Number of stitches of each round
In conclusion, if you’re looking for fun and practical patterns to crochet, these crochet ice cream cone amigurumi designs are perfect for you. With their unique designs and simple instructions, they’re sure to become your new favorite crochet projects. So, grab your crochet hooks, and let’s get started!
[Copyright Notice] This pattern was written, designed, and copyright held by, Lennutas. You are not permitted to copy, share, edit, upload or redistribute this pattern in any way, this includes making video tutorials or translating into other languages. Personal use only.
Crochet Ice Cream Cone Pattern
Or you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl+D (Windows) or Cmd+D (Mac)
Get a simple pattern PDF file below, or click here to find out how to get Lifetime Access and Unlimited Downloads PDF files in my pattern library.
Enter your email address to get a simple PDF file
ICE CREAM CONE
I use beige yarn
- Round 1: sc 5 into MR (5sts)
- Round 2: inc 5 (10sts)
- Round 3-12 (10 rounds): sc 10 (10sts) (img.1)
Turn 180 degrees
- Round 13: FLO [inc, sc 4] 2 times (12sts) (img.2)
- Round 14: sc 12 (12sts)
- Round 15: [inc, sc 3] 3 times (15sts) (img.3)
- Round 16: sc 15 (15sts)
- Round 17: [inc, sc 4] 3 times (18sts)
- Round 18: sc 18 (18sts)
- Round 19: [inc, sc 5] 3 times (21sts)
- Round 20: sc 21 (21sts)
- Round 21: [inc, sc 6] 3 times (24sts)
- Round 22: [inc, sc 7] 3 times (27sts)
- Round 23: sc 27 (27sts)
- Round 24: [inc, sc 8] 3 times (30sts)
- Round 25: sc 30 (30sts) (img.4)
Change to cream yarn
- Round 26: [inc, sc 4] 6 times (36sts)
- Round 27: BLO [inc, sc 8] 6 times (42sts)
- Round 28-31 (4 rounds): sc 42 (42sts)
- Round 32: [dec, sc 5] 6 times (36sts)
- Round 33: [dec, sc 4] 6 times (30sts)
- Round 34: [dec, sc 3] 6 times (24sts)
- Round 35: [dec, sc 2] 6 times (18sts)
- Round 36: [dec, sc] 6 times (12sts)
- Round 37: dec 6 (6sts)
Fasten off, and weave in ends.
Turn 180 degrees, join the yarn to the remaining loop of round 27 and do: FLO, [ch 3, sc into 3rd ch from the hook, sk 1 st, sc into next st] repeat to the end of this round.
Use brown yarn
Round 1: sc 6 into MR (6sts)
Round 2: inc 6 (12sts)
Round 3: [ch 5, ss into next st, ch 8, ss into next st] 9 times
Fasten off, and leave a long tail for sewing. (img.5)
Use red yarn
- Round 1: sc 6 into MR (6sts)
- Round 2: inc 6 (12sts)
- Round 3: [sc, inc] 6 times (18sts)
- Round 4: sc 18 (18sts)
- Round 5: [sc, dec] 6 times (12sts)
- Round 6: dec 6 (6sts)
Fasten off, and leave a long tail for sewing. (img.6)
Use brown yarn and glue to make the stem.
EARS – make 2
Start with cream yarn, and change to pink yarn on BOLD stitches.
- Round 1: sc 6 into MR (6sts)
- Round 2: sc, inc, (sc, inc) 2 times (9sts)
- Round 3: inc, sc, [inc, sc 2] 2 times (12sts)
Fasten off, and leave a long tail for sewing. (img.7)
Find this pattern helpful? Please support my efforts by buying me a coffee and getting access to My Patterns Library and downloading all free PDF files! Click to find out
- Sew the cream on the top.
- Sew the cherry on the cream.
- Sew the ears on round 35. (img.8)
- Embroider the eyes, nose as image below.
Ideas to use crochet ice cream cones
If you’re looking for some fun and creative ways to use your crochet ice cream cone amigurumi, you’re in the right place! Aside from using them as pencil toppers, there are many ways you can use these adorable designs. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Keychains: Transform your crochet ice cream cones into a unique and fun keychain by attaching a keyring to the top of the cone. You can customize your keychain with different colors, designs, and even add some embellishments like beads or tassels.
- Play kitchens: Add some sweetness to your child’s play kitchen by using these crochet ice cream cones as play food. They’ll love pretending to run their own ice cream shop, and you’ll love how cute they look!
- Summer party decorations: Use these ice cream cones to add some fun and color to your summer party decor. You can hang them as bunting, attach them to a garland, or even use them as table centerpieces.
- Gifts: These crochet ice cream cones would make a perfect gift for anyone who loves ice cream or crochet. You can customize them by adding a special message or using their favorite colors.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The possibilities are endless, and you can use your crochet ice cream cones in any way you like. So why not experiment and come up with your own creative ways to use them?
- Beautiful PDF printable file (no ads) that includes 9 adorable bookmark patterns.
- Easy to follow with full photo and video tutorials for beginners.
- Available in English. Instant download after payment.
In conclusion, these crochet ice cream cone amigurumi designs are versatile and fun, and there are many ways you can use them beyond pencil toppers. Whether you’re creating them for yourself or as a gift, they’re sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. So, grab your crochet hook and get started on your next project!
Thank you for reading my blog post on crochet ice cream cone amigurumi designs. I hope that you found it useful and inspiring.
In conclusion, I’d like to summarize the main points of the post and encourage you to try making these fun and practical designs yourself. Here are a few key takeaways:
- Crocheting ice cream cones are a fun and creative way to add some summer vibes to your crafting projects.
- These designs can be used as pencil toppers, keychains, play food, or decorations.
- We have free patterns for both single and double scoop ice cream cones on our blog, which you can customize with your favorite colors and toppings.
- If you make any of these designs, I would love to see your finished projects. Please share your photos on social media and tag me with the hashtag #lennutas.
Don’t forget to check out my other crochet patterns, including my free patterns for crochet popsicles that can also be used as pencil toppers.
Thank you for visiting my blog and exploring my website for more free crochet patterns. I hope you have a lot of fun making these cute ice cream cone amigurumi designs, and I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Happy crocheting!
Other free amigurumi patterns
My latest free amigurumi patterns you might be interested in:
Click here to view all free amigurumi patterns
Join my list to receive the first free pattern and get notified once I publish a new free pattern.